The Village Theatre has been home to Allshorts since 2006. Allshorts organisers wanted to see their short films on the big screen and guessed that lots of other filmmakers from all over New Zealand would feel the same. A website was generated, a date was set, and pretty soon films from Auckland to Antarctica began arriving at 32 Commercial Street Takaka. By Festival night the red carpet was rolled out and a sellout crowd were greeted with a glass of bubbles and a programme crammed with films from every genre. The festival was received with wild appreciation and Allshorts was firmly on the calendar.
Allshorts is a celebration of New Zealand audio visual art. We accept any genre up to 9minutes in duration. Our focus is on short works from a wide range of genres including narrative, documentary, comedy, music video, experimental, video art, and student work.
Once again we are welcoming submissions from the international community. See below for submitted details
SUBMITTING A FILM
- We are now open for entries for Allshorts 2024. Closing Deadline is 1st March 2024.
- Allshorts 2024 will screen on Saturday 4th May 2024.
- Films can be submitted via the FilmFreeway website. Follow this link:
- Submissions must include a short description (max 80 words), names of film makers and an image for publication purposes.
- Maximum duration is 9 minutes per film - including title & credits. We love films of just a few minutes. You can submit more than one work.
- Films must have been completed after 1st January 2023.
- Film Rating: All films as a general rule need to be suitable for an M audience - this does not rule out strong social comment but does rule out strong sexual and strong violent content.
- No age limit on entrants.